How To Select & Implement A Universal Banking System
HOW TO ORDER
Online: Add the guide to your shopping cart (click here) Tel: +44 (0) 1303 262 636
Email: email@example.com Fax: Download PDF order form and fax back
Multiple user access available, contact us with your requirements.
The road to a successful core banking system replacement starts here
Selecting and implementing a banking system is a major undertaking for all types and sizes of bank. The consequences of an unwise choice are significant. For the bank it can mean a system which costs too much, is late, does not meet user requirements or, in the worst case, simply fails to get implemented at all. The banking systems industry has developed radically over the past decade, enabling banks to use technology to much greater strategic advantage than was previously possible. Nevertheless, a major system change is a daunting proposition. This guide has been designed to help take some of the worry out of it.
The How To Select & Implement A Universal Banking System Guide, written by Martin Whybrow, founder and director of IBS Intelligence, and Eddie Byrne, consultant at Banking Transformation Ltd, sets out a structured approach which will help purchasers avoid the pitfalls of poor selection and also to achieve a successful implementation. Each of the three parts - Selection, Implementation and 10 Case Studies - offers in-depth and unbiased guidance on how to plan a successful project, anticipating issues, exploring potential barriers, and highlighting proven best practice along the way.
By detailing the experiences and lessons from 10 banks that have implemented a universal banking system, this resource will aid your bank in surviving the selection process and managing a successful implementation.
Part One – Best Practices in System Selection
- Factors to Consider
- Lessons from Actual Banking Systems Projects
- The Selection Team
- The Four-Phase Approach
- Contract Negotiations.
Part Two – Best Practices in System Implementation
- Planning, Risks and Tips
- Planning – The People Aspects
- Business Ownership, Buy-In and Communication
- The Key Role of the Business Process Workstream
- MI and Regulatory Reports
- Data Cleansing and Migration
- Managing Testing in a Core Banking System Replacement Project.
- Alpha Bank (International multisite) – Oracle FSS Flexcube
- Bank Negara Indonesia (Indonesia) – TCS Bancs
- Boubyan Bank (Kuwait) – Path Solutions iMAL
- Hypo Alpe Adria Bank/ZIS (Austria) – Temenos T24
- MTS Bank (Russia) – CFT CFT-Bank
- Rabobank IDB (The Netherlands & international) – Callataÿ & Wouters Thaler
- Saigon Hanoi Bank (Vietnam) – Polaris Intellect GUB
- Saudi Hollandi Bank (Saudi Arabia) – Temenos T24
- St. Galler Kantonalbank (Switzerland) – Avaloq Banking System
- UnionBank of Philippines (Philippines) – Infosys Finacle.
FREE PREVIEW - Read the Training section of the guide free online to see the quality of our content for yourself
At IBS, we prefer to let the quality of our content speak for itself. Register free here >> to create a free access account and then login to read the Banking System Implementation - Training >> free preview section. If you are already registered, simply login top right and click on the preview link.
Publication: October 2012
Format: Online (1 year access + unlimited print, copy and search facilities). Also available in our eLibrary platform.
Gathering and maintaining up-to-date information on markets, competitors and activity in the banking community is essential but challenging. IBS Intelligence can help. Drawing on over 20 years of expertise, an internal database of 13,000+ past and present international system implementations, and our extensive library of in-depth research publications, we can provide bespoke market research to meet any project requirement.
Whether you are a bank engaging in a system selection, or a technology vendor seeking new opportunities, our unique independent perspective will offer unprecedented insights into industry issues, drivers and trends, and the strengths and weaknesses of the suppliers and their systems.
- We are strictly impartial and objective
- We can identify the best approach for your needs
- We deliver a sound independent view of new or existing markets.
Arrange a briefing with one of our analysts to discuss your research requirements - contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44(0)1303 262 636.
HOW TO ORDER
Online: Add titles to your cart (see below) Tel: +44 (0) 1303 262 636
Email: email@example.com Fax: PDF order form
***Special Offer*** - order multiple-user access to the How To Select & Implement A Universal Banking Systems Guide and receive a package discount, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a tailored quote.
When ordering online, please enter a VAT ID number (EU customers only) in your account/shipping address. Dollar and Euro prices are indications. Orders placed using our secure payment facility will be charged in £GBP. Currency conversions are handled by your credit card issuer. To pay in Euros or Dollars please contact us (details above).
For American Express customers who are not in the UK you may need to call the card provider first to pre-authorise the payment. It is Amex policy to block any payment not in local currency unless they are notified first.
Order IBS publications in our Research Shop
- Research Shop
- IBS Journal
- Banking Systems Market Survey 2012/13
- Back Office Systems Guide
- Banking Definitions Guide
- Core Banking Systems Cost Benchmark 2012
- Core Banking Systems Benchmark 2011
- Core Banking Systems Case Studies
- How To Select & Implement A Universal Banking System
- Islamic Banking Systems Guide
- Market Dynamics Report 2012
- Middle East Banking Systems
- Payments Systems Guide
- Retail Banking Systems
- Risk Management Systems Guide
- Treasury/Capital Markets Systems
- Wealth Management Systems