Banking System Selection Interactive Workshop
Best practice and risk mitigation training course
'Finacle core banking implementation halted at Union Bank in California' – IBS Journal July 2011
'AIB takes Oracle FSS to court' – IBS Journal Feb 2011
'CBA increases core system modernisation budget... again' – IBS Journal Feb 2011
When things go wrong, they tend to hit the headlines. For any bank engaging in a system selection, the likelihood of something going wrong is high. There is no margin for error, which is why success depends on careful preparation and attention to detail during the all-important selection stages.
With over two decades of expertise and an international reputation for independence, IBS Intelligence is offering a new in-house training course for financial institutions large and small. Our two-day interactive workshop is designed to ensure a smooth selection process resulting in fewer mistakes and a more cost-, time- and resource-effective operation – with considerably less stress.
Delivered in-house, or online via our dedicated WebEx conferencing facility for maximum convenience, our programme can be tailored to meet your specific requirements and:
- Provides a practical, step-by-step guide to selecting banking systems
- Shares the lessons learned from IBS Intelligence research and real-life implementation case studies
- Emphasises the critical importance of focusing on the 'people aspects' which typically de-rail these projects
- Provides simple tools and ideas to make the process less painful and improve your prospects of a successful systems selection.
Our thought-provoking activities, discussions and scenario-based exercises will help participants understand and address the challenges facing a systems selection project team. This approach will ensure attendees feel actively involved in the learning process and will encourage debate and interaction within the group.
We also explore the often underestimated 'human dimension' such as resistance to change and internal and external stakeholder buy-in, which can make or break a selection at any time.
Workshop Programme Overview
- The Cost of Poor System Selection
- Lessons Learned from IBS Intelligence
- Identifying the Right System Selection Criteria
- System Selection Project Team and Stakeholder Involvement
- Project Definition
- Selecting the Vendor Shortlist
- Vendor Proposals
- Final Evaluation
- Managing Risk
- How People React to Change
- Project Review and Capturing Lessons Learned
- Planning the Implementation.
If you are engaging in a system selection process or simply reviewing your technology strategy, investing in our flexibly delivered, tailored workshop will be an essential element in achieving future success.
Decades of experience
IBS draws on a wealth of successful system selection consulting projects for clients ranging from tier one to tier four banks, vendors and consultants across a wide range of geographies. In over 20 years, we have had 100% satisfaction with all our consultancy clients. Indeed, we pride ourselves on exceeding customer expectations (click here for more information on our consulting services and to see examples of our success).
With experience of highly strategic work, including overall systems strategy and architecture reviews to a broad number of selections, we have established proven selection and market research templates and methodologies, including scoring models. Your training workshop is delivered by some of the most experienced and respected figures in the sector.
For more information or to speak with our training team about your requirements please call us on
+44(0) 1303 262 636 or email Jon Raeside at firstname.lastname@example.org
Related research from IBS Intelligence
| ||How To Select & Implement A Universal Banking System >>|
This guide sets out a structured approach to help avoid the pitfalls of poor selection and also to achieve a successful implementation. Each of the three parts - Selection, Implementation and 10 Case Studies - offers in-depth and unbiased guidance on planning your project, anticipating issues, exploring potential barriers, and highlighting proven best practice along the way.
| ||Core Banking Systems Case Studies >>|
Delivering 64+ real-life system implementations, each case study draws on the personal experiences of top-tier executives, IT directors, project co-ordinators and managers from financial institutions around the world. Three additional case studies are added every quarter.
| ||Back Office Systems & Suppliers Guide Online >>|
Featuring 102 international suppliers and over 140 systems. Each in-depth profile provides company status, history, strategy, system functionality and specifications, strengths and weaknesses, plus extensive customer lists broken down by country.
Essential research publications from IBS Intelligence:
Order IBS publications in our Research Shop
- Research Shop
- IBS Journal
- Banking Systems Market Survey 2012/13
- Back Office Systems Guide
- Banking Definitions Guide
- Core Banking Systems Cost Benchmark 2012
- Core Banking Systems Benchmark 2011
- Core Banking Systems Case Studies
- How To Select & Implement A Universal Banking System
- Islamic Banking Systems Guide
- Market Dynamics Report 2012
- Middle East Banking Systems
- Payments Systems Guide
- Retail Banking Systems
- Risk Management Systems Guide
- Treasury/Capital Markets Systems
- Wealth Management Systems