Each IBS Journal issue and corresponding supplement focuses on a specific area of the financial technology markets worldwide/regionally and features interviews with the leading specialists, case studies and analysis. They are distributed together with the IBS Journal at all relevant major events and are also available online, free to view (registration required).
- June 2013: Latin America Regional Focus
- June 2013: Trading/Exchange Technology Focus
- July/August 2013: Technology in Asia Supplement
- September 2013: Sibos 2013 issue
- October 2013: Treasury & Capital Markets Supplement
- November 2013: Wealth Management Supplement
- December 2013: Islamic Banking Focus
- Supplements published in 2013 - out now
Central & South America has bucked the recent market gloom with growth in activity and demand. Which technologies are making an impact across this diverse region and how are banks responding?
Deadline for editorial enquiries Wednesday 15th May 2013.
- Includes distribution at Ciab Febraban 2013, Sao Paulo.
View an example regional focus, Banking Technology in France and North Africa 2012
June 2013: Trading/Exchange Technology Focus
What are today's main drivers for trading strategies and technology investment decisions? What are the innovations and who are the innovators? IBS talks to a range of industry participants about the critical issues facing this buoyant sector.
Deadline for editorial enquiries Wednesday 15th May 2013.
IBS looks at the ups and downs of the core system providers operating in the region.
Deadline for editorial enquiries Thursday 13th June 2013.
This special issue offers a range of in-depth articles and analysis across the financial technology sphere, with special focus and distribution at Sibos.
Deadline for editorial enquiries Wednesday 21st August 2013.
- Includes distribution at Sibos 2013.
There are still good reasons for investing, including improved risk and liquidity management, improved efficiency and better customer service. All of these are hot topics as the market comes to focus on going back to basics.
Deadline for editorial enquiries Wednesday 11th September 2013.
Our annual review of all things wealth management and private banking related, with in-depth interviews, independent case studies, and of course, incisive commentary and analysis.
Deadline for editorial enquiries Monday 14th October 2013.
We explore the world of Islamic banking, including the latest trends and drivers, and assess how technology is playing its part in the development of this highly specialised market.
Deadline for editorial enquiries Wednesday 20th November 2013.
Dec 2012/Jan 2013: Islamic Banking Focus
In this special IBS Journal focus issue, we explore the world of Islamic banking, including the latest trends and drivers, and assess how technology is playing its part in the development of this highly specialised market.
- Includes distribution at 19th Annual World Islamic Banking Conference – Bahrain Sun 09 Dec 2012 - Tue 11 Dec 2012
- See also the IBS Intelligence Islamic Banking Systems and Suppliers Guide >>
PUBLISHED: Click here to read the new Islamic Banking Focus 2012/2013 >>
Dec 2012/Jan 2013: Lending Supplement
Banks have been accused of holding on to their capital instead lending to get the economy going again. Through analysis, industry interviews and case studies, this supplement looks at where the issues lie and the role of technology in re-building the confidence of financial institutions.
PUBLISHED: Click here to read the new Lending Supplement 2012/2013 >>
February 2013: Pricing & Billing Focus
More accurate and flexible pricing and billing is a goal for many banks but this is often difficult to achieve. What are the drivers, options and experiences? IBS looks at the issues and providers in this rapidly maturing sector and talks to a number of banks that have implemented these types of solutions.
- See also the IBS Intelligence Core Banking Systems Cost Benchmark 2012 >>
February 2013: Collateral Management Focus
IBS explores the complex and ever-changing world of collateral management technologies.
February 2013: How To Run A Core Banking Project Supplement
The pain and pleasure of undertaking a major banking IT project. We look at the common processes and the pitfalls and offer a range of real-life experiences to help you sleep at night.
PUBLISHED: Click here to read the new How to Run a Core Banking Project Supplement 2013 >>
- Includes distribution at Core Banking Solutions – Johannesburg Wed 13 Feb 2013 - Thu 14 Feb 2013
- See also the IBS Intelligence How To Select & Implement A Universal Banking System Guide >>
March 2013: Payments Supplement
Last year IBS looked at how the industry needed to respond to a new world order. Has the payments space heeded the warning to shape up or ship out? Are customers getting what they need and deserve? Who has taken the challenge, how have they approached it, and how have they fared?
PUBLISHED: Click here to read the new IBS Journal Payments Supplement 2013 >>
- See also the IBS Intelligence Payments Systems & Suppliers Guide >>
April 2013: Middle East Supplement
The financial foundations of the world have been truly tested and many regions have been found wanting. Has the Middle East got what it takes to give the old guard a wake up call? Who are the major protagonists and what do they have that the rest don't? Both conventional and Islamic banking technology come under scrutiny.
PUBLISHED: View the new IBS Journal Middle East Supplement 2013
- Includes distribution at Future Bank Middle East – Dubai Tue 14 May 2013 - Wed 15 May 2013
- See also the IBS Intelligence Islamic Banking Systems & Suppliers Guide >>
May 2013: Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Supplement
In this supplement we explore some of the specialist systems and technologies available that help banks in detecting suspicious activity and in combatting fraud.
PUBLISHED: View the new Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Supplement 2013
- Includes distribution at ACAMS 9th Annual AML & Financial Crime Conference – Amsterdam Wed 19 Jun 2013 - Fri 21 Jun 2013
- See also the IBS Intelligence Risk Management Systems & Suppliers Guide >>
May 2013: Direct/Online Banking Focus
The last few years have seen the proliferation of online banks, as a relatively inexpensive way to attract deposits and raise capital, and to offer people an alternative to large, established players that have suffered reputational damage as a result of the financial crisis (although, ironically, many of these direct banking entities are their subsidiaries). What are the core systems of choice for online banks and have the choices been wise?
PUBLISHED: View the new Direct Banking Focus Case Study: Barclays US - raising the Profile
Throughout the year, IBS Journal will regularly explore the following areas of financial technology industry (click on the links below to see all articles published in each topic):
- Anti Money Laundering (AML) / Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Application Service Provider (ASP) / Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Asset Management / Investment Management
- Back Office Systems
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Card Management
- Cash Management / Corporate Finance / Treasury Management
- Clearing and Settlement
- Cloud Computing / Virtualisation
- Commercial Banking / Corporate Banking
- Compliance / Regulations
- Core Banking Systems
- Data Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Enterprise Transformation / Re-engineering
- Financial / Banking IT Innovation
- Front Office Systems
- Information Security
- Internet / Online / Mobile Banking / Channels / ATM Branch
- Islamic Banking
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Middle Office Systems
- Operational Efficiency / Process Excellence
- Private Banking / Wealth Management
- Problem Projects
- Project Management
- Retail Banking
- Risk Management
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Supply Chain Finance / Trade Finance / Trade Services
- Trading Platforms
- Wholesale Banking.
At IBS, we prefer to let the quality of our content speak for itself, so we have produced a free PDF sample issue featuring extracts of IBS Journal news, analysis, case studies and interviews from 2012.
Click here to download the free IBS Journal PDF sample issue >>
IBS Journal – the real financial technology stories, not press releases in disguise
These days news can be delivered to your inbox in seconds from many different sources. But most of it is just copied from company press releases. Do you often wonder whether what you are reading is the real story? At IBS Intelligence, our independence is at the core of everything we do. Which is why our flagship IBS Journal gets to the heart of every story.
We never copy press releases.
We never accept contributed articles.
We never place advertorials.
If you like what you read in our sampler, subscribe to IBS Journal today >> and receive:
- 10 print issues per year (Jul/Aug and Dec/Jan combined issues)
- Online access to all Journal articles and features
- Access to all IBS Sales League Tables (2003-2011)
- Access to the IBS Journal Archive online
- Regular Supplements throughout the year.
Essential research publications from IBS Intelligence:
Order IBS publications in our Research Shop
- Research Shop
- IBS Journal
- Banking Systems Market Survey 2012/13
- Back Office Systems Guide
- Banking Definitions Guide
- Core Banking Systems Cost Benchmark 2012
- Core Banking Systems Benchmark 2011
- Core Banking Systems Case Studies
- How To Select & Implement A Universal Banking System
- Islamic Banking Systems Guide
- Market Dynamics Report 2012
- Middle East Banking Systems
- Payments Systems Guide
- Retail Banking Systems
- Risk Management Systems Guide
- Treasury/Capital Markets Systems
- Wealth Management Systems